I am in the throes of updating my portfolio for graduate submission. It has caused me to re-visit one of the last projects I did before retiring from custom dressmaking:
I created it for what was to be my favorite bridal client. She was an inch taller and a pound heavier than I. The style of the gown suited her particularly well and I realized when working on it that if I were ever to make a gown for myself for the purpose, it would be in a very similar vein. I love how the breeze looks so slight as it picks up the silk tulle veil.
I still have the pattern for it whereas I let all the other ones go into the recycling bin years ago...
The elongated flounces at the bottom were an adaptation from this 1933 nightgown pattern: