Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Patterns Update - 6 Additions

Although it has been some time since I last posted here, there have been a number of patterns added to the site.  First off, the 1927 Frock by McCall is now in sizes 14 to 46.  It features an optional asymmetrical over-blouse and tunic skirt over the frock skirt front and back, a very unique style that is simple yet loaded with details:

Closely following the August issue of the 1927 Frock was this French design for a princess seam sweetheart neck-line dress with kimono sleeves.  Since this was originally a custom grade project, the size range is from 32 to 40" bust. I will add more sizes according to demand.  Please note the size standards are different for this pattern, so be sure to read the description on the pattern page below:

Also in multi-size patterns, the 1930 Frock by McCall in sizes 14 through 46.  It is THE quintessential Deco frock!

The set of four hats by Butterick is the last of the pre-fall patterns I have made available.  I was particularly excited about this one for the cloche styles!

As I advised in previous posts, my personal sewing had taken a real back seat due to business demands.   I hung up the sheer halter project (I modified from the 1956 McCall's swimsuit pattern) to be revived again in time for next summer.  Another reason for staving off that sewing; the sewing time I have gotten, I have been at the two competition pieces I will submit for this year's Make it with Wool competition.  I had shared the first image below to demonstrate the sheer quality of the wool for making the Vogue 573 dress (shows the bodice and skirt back pieces).



Now you also see the jacquard wool for the 1937 Vogue coat which has wonderful translucent qualities:


I am happily working up a post of detail images of the progress on the dress and the coat which you will be seeing in a few hours.
Happy fall sewing!

No comments: